This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers it’s Sellers responsible non-QM and Jumbo prime QM lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com
Verus Mortgage Capital has an immediate opportunity for a Whole Loan Transaction Associate. The role of the Whole Loan Transaction Associate is responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient completion of whole loan sale transactions, including partnering with internal and external counterparts to fulfill whole loan sale transactions. The ideal candidate must be extremely organized, and detail oriented with strong time management and multi-tasking skills. The office is located in Bloomington, MN; however remote candidates will be considered.
- Monitor and track all transaction (sale) timelines, specified mortgage asset pipelines, buyer specific requirements, loan documents and sites to ensure a timely, accurate and seamless transaction.
- Professionally interact with third-party diligence providers, Buyers, Servicers, Custodians and internal counterparts.
- Partner with internal counterparts and third-party diligence firms to ensure reviews are completed in accordance with buyer requirements and priced accordingly.
- Completion or follow up for any outstanding conditions for purchase outlined by the seller.
- Track and develop condition requirements monitoring for acquisition team for modification or changes to acquisition processes to ensure a more efficient loan sale delivery.
- Develop, monitor and disperse internal periodic whole loan pipeline reporting.
- Work with the team to continually evaluate and develop the whole loan sale process to ensure standards and efficiencies.
- Willingness to work on any other duties necessary to acquire, securitize or sell assets as assigned by management.
- Support the Operations, Collateral and Servicing Team to ensure timely and accurate settlements.
- Escalate all identified risks to manager.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Must have a good understanding of the overall mortgage operations process.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to address issues from both a business and technical perspective.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to manage multiple parties involved in the Whole Loan Sale process where results and actions conclude with a successful settlement.
- Ability to work within a short time-frame, multi-task and remain successful under pressure.
- Possess a professional demeanor and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong willingness to learn and grow through taking on additional responsibility, projects and opportunities.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years current mortgage operations experience.
- Secondary Market loan sale experience a plus
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.