This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued. You will have opportunities to exercise your leadership skills and take ownership of high visibility projects. We offer the opportunity for a flexible work schedule.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers it’s Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a Servicing Transaction Manager to assist our clients with the servicing transfer process. The scope of this role includes but is not limited to; assisting clients with the transfer of their loans according to the Verus transfer process, fostering good relationships with our clients, and assisting with the resolution of transfer issues to insure the timely transfer of loans. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and hands-on operational experience with loan transfers and resolving loan servicing issues from both a business and servicer perspective. The candidate must possess the interpersonal skills to facilitate a cohesive work relationship with both internal and external partners at various levels. The ability to work and thrive both independently and collaboratively within an entrepreneurial small team environment is a must.
- Manage mortgage servicing transfer transactions with multiple clients and servicers. This will include; scheduling and coordination of transfer activities with clients, servicers and internal parties to insure delivery timelines are met. Track milestones and document loan level transfer issues.
- Coordinate bulk transfer transactions with our funding desk, clients and servicers.
- Primary contact for client questions and issues regarding the service transfer of their loans. Work with internal and external partners to resolve loan level transfer issues. Track issues and follow through to resolution.
- Conduct new seller calls and provide client training.
- Coordinate with our servicers and internal securitization and sale teams regarding transfer related issues.
- Provide backup to data validation and perform system updates for completed servicing transfers.
- Assist with delinquency resolution efforts. Provide oversight of the newly boarded loans for 30 days post servicing transfer. Provide detailed information to support the corporate repurchase process.
- Provide backup to the servicing QC review function.
- Identify best practices and work to continually improve the Verus process and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned that contribute to the growth of the company.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in mortgage servicing.
- Experience with the mortgage servicing functions including identification and resolution of mortgage servicing related issues.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Possess a working knowledge of mortgage documents.
- Ability to identify and provide resolution to conflicts and discrepancies.
- Possess project management and business analysis skills.
- Basic SQL knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on advanced Excel and Word skills. SQL experience is a plus.
- Ability to independently and complete multiple time-sensitive tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a small team environment.
- Good communication skills
- Willing to learn and grow through taking on additional responsibilities, projects and opportunities.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.