This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued. You will have opportunities to exercise your leadership skills and take ownership of high visibility projects. We have a casual office environment with potential for flexible work schedule.
Founded in 2015, Verus Mortgage Capital (VMC) is a non-QM correspondent investor backed by Invictus Capital Partners, a leading investment firm. VMC purchases loans in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and focuses solely on the non-QM mortgage market. It offers correspondent lenders a wide range of home financing products for credit worthy borrowers.
The Washington, D.C.-based company, with operations located in Minneapolis, has purchased $9.5 billion in expanded, non-QM loans since its inception (through the end of 2019). In addition, through its affiliates, VMC has completed twelve rated securitizations. (Mortgage bankers can learn more about VMC’s investor products by visiting www.verusmc.com.)
The role of the Servicing QC Analyst is to insure a quality review of all loan boarding data. The scope of this role includes but is not limited to; data validation in preparation of a servicing transfer, perform post board data quality review, and assisting with the timely resolution of issues to insure successful servicing transfers. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and hands-on operational experience with loan transfers and resolving loan servicing issues from both a business and servicer perspective. Strong Excel skills are required, and SQL knowledge is a plus. The candidate must possess the interpersonal skills to facilitate a cohesive work relationship with both internal and external partners at various levels. The ability to work and thrive both independently and collaboratively within an entrepreneurial small team environment is a must.
- Complete a quality control review of critical loan data to the collateral and credit documents. Perform system updates. Identification and escalation of QC issues to the servicing team and assist with resolution.
- Facilitate issue and collateral pend issue resolution with our Sellers.
- Complete loan level research of data and documents to identify errors and issues, and coordination with our servicer and clients to resolve. Insure internal and external customer satisfaction by addressing and resolving all inquiries and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist the Conversion Data Manager with data migration activities including but not limited to data cleansing, data creation, data mapping and data conversion.
- Perform back up responsibilities to escrow balance review and calculation of scheduled escrow balances for loan purchase. Provide back-up to other escrow related functions managed by the servicing team.
- Support the team with managing investor code movements internally and with multiple servicers
- Support Imaged document migration from the internal system / index vendor to the new servicer
- Identify best practices and work to continually improve the Verus process and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned that contribute to the growth and well-being of the company.
- Have a good understanding of origination, mortgage loan servicing, including a working knowledge of mortgage documents.
- Ability to identify and provide resolution to conflicts and discrepancies.
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel skills.
- Ability to independently and complete multiple time-sensitive tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a small team environment.
- Willing to learn and grow through taking on additional responsibilities, projects and opportunities.
- Possess a professional demeanor and always maintain good communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in the mortgage servicing or investment banking industry.
- Experience running SQL scripts is a plus.
- Experience with the mortgage servicing functions including identification and resolution of mortgage servicing related issues.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.