This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leader in a growing market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers it’s Sellers responsible non-QM and Jumbo prime QM lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a Servicing Data Analyst is to provide critical data and research support to the servicing team. The scope of this role includes but is not limited to; managing the pre-funding pipeline for upcoming servicer transfers, data validation in preparation of a servicing transfer, performing post board data quality review, and assisting with the timely resolution of issues to insure successful servicing transfers. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and hands-on operational experience of loan servicing and resolving issues from both a business and servicer perspective. The ability to work and thrive both independently and collaboratively within an entrepreneurial small team environment is a must. The office is in Bloomington, MN, however remote candidates will be considered.
- Provide back-up to the Conversion Data Manager by performing data migration activities including but not limited to data cleansing, data creation, data mapping, data conversion, post servicing transfer data validation, and issue resolution
- Manage the pre-funding pipeline to assign servicing information for pending transfers
- Responsible for ensuring 404 letters are created, mailed, and documented correctly and timely. Use SQL queries to create letter files. Manage delivery and mailing activities with the print vendor to ensure compliance
- Use exception reporting to review data, identify gaps, apply logic and processes to efficiently target QC efforts. Assist with loan level research of data to documents as needed
- Assist the Servicing Transaction managers with managing multiple transfers by tracking key deliverables and monitoring the servicing pipeline and transfers
- Support the Servicing and Operations teams through the creation of ad-hoc queries
- Manage and support delinquency management efforts for the first 30 days after servicing transfer
- Track, research and resolve loan level and transfer issues with clients, vendors, and internal departments. Appropriately document in the loan management system and other tracking tools
- Collaborate with the accounting department, clients, and servicers to reconcile any cash movements related to servicing transfer escrow and principal balance funding issues
- Identify best practices and work to continually improve the Verus process and procedures
- Additional responsibilities as assigned that contribute to the growth and well-being of the company
Required Skills / Abilities
- Have a good understanding of mortgage origination and loan servicing, including a working knowledge of mortgage documents
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to independently and complete multiple time-sensitive tasks with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn and grow through taking on additional responsibilities, projects and opportunities
- Possess a professional demeanor and always maintain excellent communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in the mortgage servicing or investment banking industry
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.