This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued. You will have opportunities to exercise your leadership skills and take ownership of high visibility projects. We have a casual office environment with potential for flexible work schedule.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers it’s Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a Servicing Data Analyst is to provide critical data and research support to the servicing team. The scope of this role includes but is not limited to; performing SQL queries and data validation in preparation of a servicing transfer, perform post board data quality review, and assisting with the timely resolution of issues to insure successful servicing transfers. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and hands-on operational experience with SQL and resolving issues from both a business and servicer perspective. Strong Excel skills are required, and SQL knowledge is required. The position also requires the appropriate interpersonal skills to facilitate a cohesive work relationship with both internal and external partners at various levels. The ability to work and thrive both independently and collaboratively within an entrepreneurial small team environment is a must.
- Provide back-up to the Conversion Data Manager by performing data migration activities including but not limited to data cleansing, data creation, data mapping, data conversion, post servicing transfer data validation, and issue resolution.
- Support the Servicing and Operations teams through the creation of ad-hoc queries.
- Assist the Servicing Transaction managers with managing multiple transfers by tracking key deliverables and monitoring the servicing pipeline and transfers.
- Use SQL queries to review data, identify gaps, apply logic and processes to efficiently target QC efforts. Assist with loan level research of data to documents as needed.
- Manage and support delinquency management efforts for the first 30 days after servicing transfer.
- Track, research and resolve loan level and transfer issues with clients, vendors and internal departments. Appropriately document in the loan management system and other tracking tools.
- Responsible for ensuring 404 letters are created, mailed and documented correctly and timely. Use SQL queries to create letter files. Manage delivery and mailing activities with the print vendor to ensure compliance.
- Identify best practices and work to continually improve the Verus process and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned that contribute to the growth and well-being of the company.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in the mortgage servicing or investment banking industry.
- SQL experience
- Have a good understanding of mortgage origination and loan servicing, including a working knowledge of mortgage documents.
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently and complete multiple time-sensitive tasks with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn and grow through taking on additional responsibilities, projects and opportunities.
- Possess a professional demeanor and always maintain excellent communication skills.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.