This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers its Clients responsible non-prime ATR compliant lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit the website at www.invictuscp.com. For further information about Verus Mortgage Capital, please visit our website www.verusmc.com.
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a Servicing Analyst to join our team to work directly with the company leaders located in our Bloomington, MN location This role insures that the renovation portfolio is managed consistent with the established Verus process and procedures. The role encompasses oversight at the loan level and the seller/servicer level to facilitate expected performance of the renovation product.
The scope of this role includes but is not limited to; fostering good relationships with our clients and assisting them with the management of the nuances of the renovation product. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and hands-on operational experience with resolving loan servicing issues from both a business and client/servicer perspective. The candidate must possess the interpersonal skills to facilitate a cohesive work relationship with both internal and external partners at various levels.
- Required to provide backup to payoff review and draw management review
- Coordinate wires for approved draws
- Manage insurance and tax reporting
- Communicate servicing issues to the Asset Manager/Seller
- Manage imaged documents including missing document requests
- Responsible for loan level research and resolution of seller and servicer requests. Individual will manage the issue logs.
- Manage Seller/Servicer requests for reimbursement of completed draws
- Oversight of the Asset Manager/Seller Servicing split remittance
- Collaborate with Verus portfolio managers on upcoming maturities and extensions
- Manage investor code update with Servicers
- Assist with special projects and other related duties as needed
Required Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work and thrive both independently and collaboratively within an entrepreneurial team environment is required
- Ability to identify and provide resolution to conflicts and discrepancies
- Possess project management and business analysis skills
- Ability to independently and complete multiple time-sensitive tasks with minimal supervision
- Willing to learn and grow through taking on additional responsibilities, projects and opportunities
- Possess a professional demeanor and maintain good communication skills at all time
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the mortgage servicing or investment banking industry
- Have a good understanding of origination, mortgage loan servicing, including a working knowledge of mortgage documents
- Microsoft Office with emphasis on advanced Excel and Word skills. SQL experience is a plus
- Experience with mortgage servicing functions including identification and resolution of mortgage servicing related issues
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcome to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.