Verus Mortgage Capital seeks a seasoned Senior Business Intelligence Developer to join the firm’s mortgage operations team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leader in a growing market. We offer a fast-paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will report directly to the Senior Vice President for Technology and Operations and will be responsible for taking the lead in implementation and maintenance of data structures that support the company’s mortgage acquisition and portfolio management activities, along with helping to build out the data warehousing and reporting strategies. This position will also manage a small team of Business Intelligence developers, providing them with direction, feedback, mentorship, code oversight, and development assistance.
Founded in 2015, Verus Mortgage Capital (VMC) is a non-QM correspondent investor backed by Invictus Capital Partners, a leading investment firm. VMC purchases loans in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and focuses solely on the non-QM mortgage market. It offers correspondent lenders a wide range of home financing products for credit worthy borrowers.
The Washington, D.C.-based company, with operations located in Minneapolis, has purchased $9.5 billion in expanded, non-QM loans since its inception (through the end of 2019). In addition, through its affiliates, VMC has completed twelve rated securitizations. (Mortgage bankers can learn more about VMC’s investor products by visiting www.verusmc.com.)
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will possess strong SQL programming skills and business intelligence systems experience to help us maintain and expand our data warehouse and data processes in an Azure environment. Strong database development/data architecture skills will be essential, along with data mining, data/statistical analysis, and reporting experience. The position requires a self-motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative team player who will support a database solution that merges data from multiple internal and external data sources to create clear, efficient data structures for operational and reporting use by the entire enterprise.
The developer will create processes to merge data from our applications and various data feeds from our external partners into a single environment, develop appropriate data models, write advanced SQL queries/stored procedures, and implement reporting solutions to deploy data to users. For all structures and processes, the developer will perform testing as necessary as well as lead maintenance and support for any deployed processes. The support function will entail installing, configuring, customizing, and troubleshooting our business intelligence tools, data processes/structures, and applications as well as monitoring the operating efficiency of existing business intelligence systems.
Mortgage industry experience/knowledge is a plus.
- Develop and manage processes to collect source data from various sources and merge it into an Azure environment
- Maintain data in the Azure environment, ensuring data integrity, security, and intuitive organization
- Assist in development of database architecture and make recommendations to improve and optimize it
- Support data analysis and creating structures conducive to data mining, statistical analysis, and forecasting
- Develop basic and detailed program designs and specifications
- Develop Data Factory integration processes and Data Lake structures to support business and reporting needs
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and recommend technical solutions
- Perform and/or lead design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions
- Create unit test plans and identifies opportunities to improve and/or automate testing process, especially regression testing for existing structures and processes
- Deploy simple to complex data sets to users via Power BI, Excel, SSRS, or other BI presentation software and ensure expected performance levels are achieved
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong skills in SQL (T-SQL and Spark SQL, especially)
- Extensive experience in data integration processes (e.g. SSIS)
- At least 3 years’ experience within a technology (IT) environment
- At least 3 years’ experience with BI applications; decision support systems, query and reporting, online analytical processing, statistical analysis, forecasting, and data mining
- At least 3 years’ experience with tools and techniques for managing and administering data
- Strong work ethic and ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams across the enterprise
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment that requires clear and timely communication, and balancing priorities
- Experience with Azure data manipulation (Data Factory/Data Lake) and architecture
- Experience developing and deploying Power BI solutions
- A history of designing and developing database objects, tables, stored procedures, views and triggers in an MS SQL environment
- Data mining, statistical analysis, and forecasting experience
- Experience building and maintaining a complex database environment with multiple source data tables and dimension tables
- Strong knowledge of database design principles
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking, and deadlocking issues
- Strong experience with various Business Intelligence software applications
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners and vendors
Successful applicants will exemplify strong ethics, integrity, respect for others, and accountability for decisions and actions.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.