Founded in 2015, Verus Mortgage Capital (VMC) is a non-QM correspondent investor backed by Invictus Capital Partners, a leading investment firm. VMC purchases loans in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and focuses solely on the non-QM mortgage market. It offers correspondent lenders a wide range of home financing products for credit worthy borrowers.
The Washington, D.C.-based company, with operations located in Minneapolis, has purchased $9.5 billion in expanded, non-QM loans since its inception (through the end of 2019). In addition, through its affiliates, VMC has completed twelve rated securitizations. (Mortgage bankers can learn more about VMC’s investor products by visiting www.verusmc.com.)
We are seeking a Project Manager for our Bloomington, Minnesota office. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
The nature of the projects under the project manager’s control will vary but the core activities and competencies required for successful project management completion and goal achievement are standard to the project management function.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the project
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks, timelines, and resource requirements
- Develop full project plans including but not limited to the project budget (i.e. costs, expected returns, efficiency gains, etc.)
- Track deliverables, prepare and deliver regular reporting on project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve required output
- Coordinate regular communication with all stakeholders and project sponsors
- Provide overall results including financial and efficiency measurement upon completion of projects
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Direct work experience in project management capacity
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, risk management, change management; project management techniques and tools
- High degree of professionalism required to handle confidential data
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Influencing and leading
- Conflict management
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in mortgage operational processes
- Strong utilization of Microsoft product, project management software
- Credentialed PM certifications not required, but a plus
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.