This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers it’s Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a Project Manager dedicated to the business units to help facilitate strategic projects across the organization. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific business focused projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
The nature of the projects under the project manager’s control will vary but the core activities and competencies required for successful project management completion and goal achievement are generally standard to the project management function.
- Lead the overall business planning and implementation of the project; includes the identification and follow up with an IT counterpart for specific systemic deliverables
- Facilitate the business definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks, timelines, and resource requirements specific to business processes, changes, etc.
- Develop full project plans including but not limited to the project budget (i.e., costs, expected returns, efficiency gains, etc.), functional process changes, resulting procedures, staffing needs, training, etc.
- Track deliverables, prepare and deliver regular reporting on project progress, problems and solutions as prescribed by commitment and project distribution
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve required output along with deliverable deadlines
- Coordinate regular communication with all stakeholders and project sponsors/steering committee
- Provide overall results including lessons learned, financial and efficiency measurement upon completion of projects
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in mortgage operational processes
- Strong utilization of Microsoft products, project management software
- Credentialed PM certifications not required, but a plus
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Direct business functional work experience in project management and/or senior business analyst capacity
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, risk management, change management; project management techniques, influencing skills and tools
- High degree of professionalism required to handle confidential data
Required Skills / Abilities
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Influencing and leading
- Conflict management
- Change management
- Influencing skills
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.