This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers it’s Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking Non -Delegated Underwriter to provide support in all aspects of the underwriting due diligence process for a variety of mortgage products and property types. We have openings for this role including the opportunity to work remotely. You will work with Verus management and staff to successfully purchase and prepare for securitization viable mortgage transactions within established timeframes. The ideal candidate will possess strong underwriting, compliance and analytical skills with the ability to address credit risk issues with both external and internal counterparts.
- Underwrite and/or audit legal collateral, credit, property and compliance documents to ensure loans meet guidelines and represent an acceptable level of risk for purchase. Strong underwriting knowledge of tax returns both business and personal and P&L statements a necessity. Knowledge of bank statement income determination a definite plus.
- Review of third-party Diligence Provider data and reports to ensure loans meet guidelines and represent an acceptable level of risk for purchase.
- Review for accuracy of 3rd party data and collect missing data elements and/or documents as applicable, to successfully review, purchase and securitize viable mortgage transactions within established timeframes.
- Research underwriting issues, conditions, and/or concerns and present finding to address with diligence firms, sellers and internal partners.
- Review underwriting exception requests, determine compensating factors and present findings to Verus responsible party.
- Willingness to work with Operational team on any other duties necessary to acquire assets or as assigned by management.
Required Skills/ Abilities
- In depth knowledge of mortgage underwriting, mortgage product guidelines and the mortgage production process
- Knowledge of business purpose loan transactions a plus
- Current knowledge of state and federal compliance and regulatory environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with high degree of comfort with excel and review of spreadsheet data
- Experience working with 3rd party providers a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a small team environment.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years current mortgage underwriting experience with experience manually underwriting income based on bank statements, Tax Returns, P&L statements
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.