Founded in 2015, Verus Mortgage Capital (VMC) is a non-QM correspondent investor backed by Invictus Capital Partners, a leading investment firm. VMC purchases loans in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and focuses solely on the non-QM market. It offers correspondent lenders a wide range of home financing products for credit worthy borrowers.
The Washington, D.C.-based company, with operations located in Minneapolis, has purchased over $5.5 billion in expanded, non-QM loans since its inception. In addition, through its affiliates, VMC has completed twelve rated securitizations. Interested candidates can learn more about VMC’s investor products by visiting www.verusmc.com.
The Credit Risk Jr. Underwriter will perform preliminary review of loan underwriting conditions to determine/validate acceptability and completeness. This function may have authority to clear certain levels of conditions, order additional data related to credit, property, etc. as needed for the underwriter to complete their review. The position works closely with specific underwriters, sellers and sales teams and must be very familiar with the internal processes and general credit guidelines. The position will prepare seller non-delegated underwriting submissions and submitted conditions for a credit eligibility underwrite within established timeframes. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, comfortable working within multiple credit systems and have good customer relations skills with the ability to address credit inquiries from a variety of internal and external partners.
• Review seller responses to Non-Delegated credit reviewed conditions to ensure they meet the requirements noted by our Underwriters prior to submission for clearing and/or where applicable, clear the condition.
• Review data for accuracy and collect or correct as applicable.
• Prepare Exception requests for Underwriter review based on Seller request and loan characteristics
• Work with Sellers, Underwriters and management to resolve issues or questions to ensure that loans are promptly reviewed and conditions cleared.
• Work with Sellers, Underwriters, Product and Sales team to answer scenario, guideline or underwriting questions .
• Work with internal counterparts to refine procedures or enhance systems or reporting necessary to develop a thorough and efficient process.
• Willingness to work with Operational team on any other duties necessary to acquire and securitize mortgage loan asset or as assigned by management.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is also the responsibility of each employee to maintain the confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of the employee’s duties.
• 3+ years of experience in mortgage processing (sr. processor) or underwriting
• Current experience with credit documents including bank statements and various tax returns
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a small team environment.
• High degree of professionalism required to handle confidential data
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.