Founded in 2015, Verus Mortgage Capital (VMC) is a non-QM correspondent investor backed by Invictus Capital Partners, a leading investment firm. VMC purchases loans in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and focuses solely on the non-QM market. It offers correspondent lenders a wide range of home financing products for credit worthy borrowers.
The Washington, D.C.-based company, with operations located in Minneapolis, has purchased over $5.5 billion in expanded, non-QM loans since its inception. In addition, through its affiliates, VMC has completed twelve rated securitizations. Interested candidates can learn more about VMC’s investor products by visiting www.verusmc.com.
The role of the Non-Delegated Credit Underwriter is to conduct an eligibility underwrite to determine credit worthiness and conformity of Sellers mortgage loan credit packages for a variety of mortgage products and property types within established guidelines and timeframes. The individual selected must have a high level of familiarity with the credit guidelines for Fannie Mae and the manual underwriting process. The ideal candidate will possess strong underwriting, compliance and analytical skills with the ability to address credit risk issues with both external and internal counterparts.
• Complete a full Underwrite of loan credit and property to ensure loans meet Eligibility guidelines and represent an acceptable level of risk for Verus purchase within established timeframes.
• Review of a variety of documents to determine borrower income and ability to repay including bank statements, property leases, tax returns both business and personal and P&L statements.
• Research underwriting issues, review and clear credit conditions, and/or concerns and present finding to address with sellers, Verus Credit and Sales teams as applicable.
• Review underwriting exceptions to assess risk, determine compensating factors and present findings to Verus responsible party.
• Willingness to work with Operational team on any other duties necessary to acquire assets or as assigned by management.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
• In depth knowledge of residential mortgage underwriting, mortgage product guidelines with minimum of 3 years current manual conventional mortgage underwriting. Current Non-QM underwriting experience highly desirable
• Experience underwriting both personal and business Tax Returns and P&L statements.
• Knowledge/understanding of review of bank statements for determination of income a definite plus.
• Current knowledge of state and federal compliance and regulatory environment.
• Knowledge of business purpose loan transactions.
• High degree of comfort with data collection systems.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with both internal and external parties.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a small team environment.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.