Verus Mortgage Capital (VMC) is a non-QM correspondent investor backed by Invictus Capital Partners, a leading investment firm. The Washington, D.C.-based company, with current operations staff of 82 employees located in Bloomington, MN, has purchased over $6 billion in non-QM loans and completed thirteen rated securitizations since its inception. Interested candidates can learn more about VMC’s investor products by visiting www.verusmc.com.
Verus Mortgage Capital seeks a Network Systems Engineer in its Bloomington, Minnesota Office. The Network Systems Engineer is responsible for the reliable and secure operation of Verus network and server infrastructure as well as various other systems. Responsibilities include daily management, troubleshooting, and support of Verus network infrastructure as well as working on ongoing infrastructure upgrades and security improvements to help Verus meets its business needs.
- Daily operation and support of company LAN/WAN and cloud infrastructure including switches, load balancers and firewalls
- Manage IT operations including IT infrastructure, communication (LAN, WAN, VOIP, etc.), backup, security systems, disaster recovery (DR) and IT compliance
- Troubleshoot, support, and maintain all computing infrastructure including servers, switches, firewalls, VMWare, SAN, disaster recovery and VOIP Phone Systems
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models as needed
- Monitor system resource allocation and utilization
- Performance tuning, optimization and troubleshooting
- Manage firewall configuration, intrusion detection systems, log management, file access controls
- Mitigate risk related to data breaches and cyber-attacks
- Setup and manage external connectivity including site-to-site VPN connections
Modernization & Cloud Transformation
- Manage and maintain cloud technologies including Office 365, transition to the cloud through IaaS, SaaS and
- Perform network design and system integration
- Experience with Citrix /VMWare private Cloud Desktop infrastructure. Network Administration
- Support, develop and maintain written standards and policies, network diagrams, firewall documentation, and technology lifecycle from deployment to decommission
- Design, implement and maintain server configurations, network configurations and storage environments.
- Configure server backups, monitor network use statistics and loads, and implement contingency plans to minimize downtime.
- Install, configure and maintain software, Wi-Fi access points, switches and firewalls.
- Manage Internet Service Provider (ISP) for data and voice communications; troubleshoot issues and outages.
User Support & Services
- Manage an efficient helpdesk system with accurate problem tracking, timely resolution and post resolution documentation
- Set up new user accounts and workstations
- Setup hardware and software, troubleshoot End-User technical issues
- Support Operations team members with hands on technical assistance for day- to-day computer concerns
- Respond to end users with questions about PC’s and software; provide support to users while documents support cases
- Maintain and troubleshoot AV System, Security Systems, Cloud-Based VOIP Phone Systems, mobile devices and other equipment
- Willingness to work with Operational team on any other duties necessary as assigned by management
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is also the responsibility of each employee to maintain the confidentiality of the company and its clients, in addition to following applicable laws and regulations in the performance of the employee’s duties.
- 10+years technology-related experience in the financial services industry, preferably as systems engineer
- Current experience in managing Citrix Cloud Desktop or VMWare Horizon environment is required
- Solid experience in network administration with Windows services; to include knowledge of TCP/IP, network security, antivirus and anti-spam techniques
- Proven evidence of strong skills with the Windows Server systems: Microsoft Active Directory & Group Policy, File Servers, Print Servers, sFTP servers, Office-365 Email services, Windows Server 2012 & 2016
- In-depth understanding of Layer 2, 3 and 4 concepts as well as supporting network protocols (ARP, DNS, DHCP, SIP)
- Experience in implementing network equipment: Switches, Meraki Access Point, firewalls, VOIP Phone Systems, Audio/Video
- Current in-depth experience with enterprise Cloud technologies, including IaaS, Virtual Machines, and hybrid virtual networks
- Background in supporting network, security and cloud technologies
- Familiarity with desktop, notebook, handheld server computer hardware
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and collaborative skills
- Ability to independently complete multiple time-sensitive tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with people, both internal and external
- Bachelor’s degree in the applicable field such as computer science, Information Systems or Engineering
- Industry Certifications including: CompTIA, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco and VMWare is required
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcome to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.