Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers its Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
Verus Mortgage Capital is looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative team player who will develop, implement, and support a range of proprietary applications needed to help our business thrive. The .Net Developer role will report to the Chief Data Officer, take direction from the lead Full Stack Developer, and is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of web applications. The .Net Developer will coordinate with the Data and Azure Initiatives Teams for related database development to support the company’s mortgage acquisition and portfolio management activities, as well as evolving business initiatives driven by the Technology and Operations teams.
The .Net Developer must demonstrate a strong application design and development background, excellent foundational technical skills, and superlative communication skills. The successful candidate will have experience working with SQL Server in an Azure cloud environment, proven success in deploying web-based applications, and a track record of managing projects through the full software development life cycle.
This position and its activities will support the work of more than one hundred end users across all business areas of the company in multiple U.S. locations. It requires close collaboration with the business and technical teams to define the best architecture, application features, system responsiveness, and graphic presentation within an appealing and efficient UI/UX.
- Work with business users and sponsors to envision software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build front-end applications with high quality UI/UX design
- Develop and manage well-functioning in-house databases and applications while supporting install, configuration, customization, and troubleshooting of web applications/tools as well as monitoring the operating efficiency of existing applications
- Design and develop effective and secure APIs
- Perform testing as necessary to validate new/updated applications and ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Create data security and protection settings, with appropriate levels of encryption in transit and at rest
- Write technical documentation, including design documents and maintenance/support documentation
- Work with business users and analysts to improve software
- Keep abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- Occasional direct user support
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, or related field
- Minimum of 6 months to one year of well-rounded proven development experience
- Proficient in the C# language and the .Net framework
- Experience with Blazor and/or ASP.Net
- Experience deploying and maintaining a web application in Windows server or Azure
- Experience building data auditing processes and transaction history tracking
- Preferred experience in Microsoft SQL Server
- Preferred experience using Azure DevOps or other Scrum/Agile based processes
- Mortgage industry experience/knowledge a plus
- Excellent verbal communication and teamwork
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including ability to drive requirements from design through close while engaging end users and business sponsors
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent follow-through in a fast-paced environment are necessary.
- Great compensation package
- Attractive benefits plans and paid time off
- 401(k) w/ company matching
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- And much more!
Maintaining a reliable, uninterrupted high speed internet connection is a requirement of hybrid or remote positions.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.