This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers its Clients responsible non-prime ATR compliant lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit the website at www.invictuscp.com. For further information about Verus Mortgage Capital, please visit our website www.verusmc.com.
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a Treasury Analyst/Loan Funding Analyst who will be responsible for performing various cash, disbursement, and cash accounting activities within the Accounting and Treasury function. The role is primarily focused on the cash management duties of an accounting department and includes, but is not limited to, daily purchase of mortgage loans, cash reconciliations, the journals bank accounts; perform accounting functions within the various financial systems, bank reconciliations, audit inquiries, and backup of other core accounting functions as assigned. This individual may be required to provide input to or participate in various projects and will perform other duties as requested.
- Serves as the primary representative for completing and monitoring all aspects of the organization’s daily cash management functions. Including but not limited to maintaining targeted cash balances and daily liquidity requirements
- Prepare estimate and loan level detail of daily funding population
- Prepare daily funding list and required documentation for each counterparty Verus engages to direct fund loans with
- Monitors counterparties cash management system to ensure transactions are timely, appropriate and complete for accurate processing
- Monitors counterparties cash management work queue to ensure requests are completed timely; ensures wire requests are complete
- Coordinates the daily process of outgoing wire transfer activity; monitor compliance with approval authorization policy. Notify appropriate personnel for all incoming wire and ACH payments received at all financial institutions and resolves unidentified payments with the bank
- Obtains and distributes daily bank reports for daily funding’s from the internal and external operating bank’s cash management systems
- Assist with the general ledger and monthly close process including journal entries and cash reconciliation
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements and resolves issues and discrepancies
- Contribute to the success of the department with willingness to cross train and share in all department responsibilities
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving and process improvement capabilities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Operates with a sense of urgency
- Strong finance capabilities
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.)
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in cash management or loan funding’s; mortgage industry experience a bonus.
- QuickBooks General Business application experience a plus
- High level experience with Microsoft Excel
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcome to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.