This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers its Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
We are seeking a Lock Desk Associate to ensure the accurate pricing and purchase of loans and provide professional assistance to sellers and other counterparties, both internal and external. The scope of the role includes, but is not limited to, assisting with lock inquiries, preparing loans for purchase, and communicating with our partners regarding the settlement and funding of loans. The candidate will participate in additional functions such as reporting, system maintenance, training and other tasks as appropriate. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and experience with secondary mortgage market transactions. Candidates must possess the interpersonal skills to facilitate a cohesive work relationship with both internal and external partners at various levels. The ability to work and thrive both independently and collaboratively within an entrepreneurial small team environment is a must. The office is located in Bloomington, MN; however remote candidates will be considered.
- Monitor the Lock Desk Inbox, provide professional and timely responses to seller inquiries and pricing questions.
- Act as an internal resource for any pricing issues.
- Setup new sellers and user IDs, Perform quarterly audit of system access.
- Assist with testing and maintenance of LMS pricing and eligibility functions.
- Assist with the maintenance of Rate Sheet Distribution list
- Ensure that any pricing adjustments from Capital Markets are properly applied.
- Prepare loans for settlement. Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Validation of loan level final price percent using a combination of automation and manual checks.
- Validation of total wire amount, including reviewing and verifying loan amortization and principal balance and confirming accrued interest due/owed at time of loan purchase.
- Validation of data required for Servicing Transfer
- Confirmation/setup of wire instructions
- Communication with seller regarding approval of the Purchase Advice
- Participate in the maintenance of lock desk user manual
- Aid in providing Reports as needed
- Registration of Bulk Trades, loading of Bulk Diligence results and participation in the settlement of Bulk acquisitions
- Ensure that Seller price negotiations are properly implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that loans with Advance Funding are properly recorded.
- Coordinate with servicing to ensure that LMS is updated properly when loans are transferred internally.
- Complete additional projects & responsibilities as assigned that contribute to the growth & well-being of the company.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the secondary mortgage market with hands on experience in loan pricing.
- Good understanding of mortgage banking practices and securitization.
- General understanding of the mortgage origination process, the secondary mortgage market and securitization and mortgage servicing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of programming languages a plus
Required Skills / Abilities
- Strong negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills with ability to identify and provide resolution to conflicts and discrepancies.
- Ability to independently complete multiple time-sensitive tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Willingness to learn and grow through additional opportunities.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.