Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers its Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast-paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
The role of the Lock Desk Associate is to ensure accurate pricing for originating and the purchase of loans and provide professional assistance to brokers, sellers, and other counterparties, both internal and external. The scope of the role includes but is not limited to: assisting with lock inquiries, loading and validating loan data, ensuring that the final pricing of a wholesale or correspondent loan is accurate for the date of the rate lock, extension, etc. The candidate will participate in additional functions such as reporting, system maintenance, training, and other tasks as appropriate. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and experience with originations and/or secondary mortgage market transactions. Candidates must possess the interpersonal skills to facilitate a cohesive work relationship with both internal and external partners at various levels. The ability to work and thrive both independently and collaboratively within an entrepreneurial small team environment is a must.
- Monitor the Lock Desk Inbox, provide professional and timely responses to broker, seller, sales and any other internal or external parties inquiries and pricing questions
- Act as an internal and external resource for any pricing issues.
- Assist with testing and maintenance of System(s) pricing and eligibility functions.
- Assist with the maintenance of Rate Sheet Distribution list
- Ensure that any pricing adjustments from Capital Markets are properly implemented and applied within the systems and/or PPE firms we integrate with for pricing and eligibility.
- Participate in the maintenance of lock desk user manuals for all channels.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of process documentation.
- Aid in providing Reports as needed.
- Registration of Bulk Trades, and the maintenance of bulk loan trade confirmations
- Ensure that Broker and Seller price negotiations are properly implemented and maintained.
- Complete additional projects & responsibilities as assigned that contribute to the growth & well-being of the company.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in the origination and/or secondary mortgage market with hands on experience in loan pricing. Good understanding of mortgage banking origination practices and secondary market loan sales and securitization.
Required Skills/ Abilities
- General understanding of the mortgage origination process, the secondary mortgage market, whole loan sales and securitization and mortgage servicing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically excel knowledge, is critical.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills with ability to identify and provide resolution to conflicts and discrepancies.
- Ability to independently complete multiple time-sensitive tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a small team environment.
- Willingness to learn and grow through additional opportunities.
- Ability of Sitting, standing, and computer keyboard
- Ability to lift 15lbs at times
- Great compensation package
- Attractive benefits plans and paid time off
- 401(k) w/ company matching
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- And much more!
Maintaining a reliable, uninterrupted high speed internet connection is a requirement of hybrid or remote positions.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.