This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers it’s Sellers responsible non-QM and Jumbo prime QM lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a Loan Set-up Coordinator to join our team to work directly with our correspondent sellers and internal staff. We have several openings for this role including the opportunity to work remotely. The position requires a conscientious, self-motivated professional capable of managing assigned tasks and finding solutions in a fast-paced correspondent acquisition environment. The ideal candidates will be self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented and possess a “can-do” attitude.
- Provide initial review and data entry of loan credit documents and data submitted from our seller network to ensure minimum requirements met to facilitate a smooth and efficient review by our review team. Documents include applications, credit reports, a variety of income verification documents, asset verifications, and evidence of property value.
- Review data for accuracy and collect or correct as applicable.
- Work with internal counterparts to refine procedures or enhance systems necessary to develop a thorough and efficient process.
- Willingness to work with Operational team on any other duties necessary to acquire and securitize mortgage loan asset or as assigned by management.
- Answer and resolve internal or external email, phone or other inquiries
- Maintains a current pipeline and SLA requirements for the position
- Validate data and correct or complete where required when received from TPRs to ensure accuracy in condition requirements for the purchase of a closed loan
- Maintains minimum daily file review/clearing requirements as set by management and SLA KPIs
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Skills / Abilities
- Individual must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable with candor, interaction with other team members, and clients/vendors
- Ability to review closed loan documents and data for accuracy specific to program and company guidelines
- Ability to review loan collateral documents (note, deeds, assignments) and associated data specific to program and company guidelines
- Ability to identify required conditions for missing requirements and/or data elements to facilitate the purchase of a loan in accordance with company guidelines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making ability.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year processing experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.