This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers it’s Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a Loan Purchase Auditor to join our team to work directly with our correspondent sellers and internal staff. This role includes the opportunity to work remotely. The position requires a conscientious, self-motivated professional capable of managing assigned tasks and finding solutions in a fast-paced correspondent acquisition environment. The ideal candidates will be self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented and possess a “can-do” attitude. The office is located in Bloomington, MN, however remote candidates will be considered.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable with candor, interaction with other team members, and clients/vendors
- Answer and resolve internal or external email, phone or other inquiries
- Ability to review closed loan documents and data for accuracy specific to program and company guidelines
- Ability to review loan collateral documents (note, deeds, assignments) and associated data specific to program and company guidelines
- Ability to identify required conditions for missing requirements and/or data elements to facilitate the purchase of a loan in accordance with company guidelines
- Received and clears conditions submitted by sellers to complete loans for purchase
- Maintains a current pipeline and SLA requirements for the position
- Validate data and correct or complete where required when received from TPRs to ensure accuracy in condition requirements for the purchase of a closed loan
- Maintains minimum daily file review/clearing requirements as set by management and SLA KPIs
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Skills/ Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a small team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Mortgage or financial industry knowledge is critical specific to loan closing, post close auditing and some processing experience is also helpful
- Ability to work in a distributed environment
Education and Experience
- 3 years of experience as an underwriter or processor in the mortgage industry preferred
- Correspondent loan purchasing function specific to image, indexing, and file auditing a plus
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.