Verus Mortgage Capital seeks a mid-level Human Resource Generalist professional to join our mortgage operations team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leader in a growing market.
Founded in 2015, Verus Mortgage Capital (VMC) is a non-QM correspondent investor backed by Invictus Capital Partners, a leading investment firm. VMC purchases loans in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and focuses solely on the non-QM market. It offers correspondent lenders a wide range of home financing products for credit worthy borrowers.
The Washington, D.C.-based company, with operations located in Minneapolis, and current staff of 82 employees has purchased over $5.5 billion in expanded, non-QM loans since its inception. In addition, through its affiliates, VMC has completed twelve rated securitizations. Interested candidates can learn more about VMC’s investor products by visiting www.verusmc.com.
We are looking for a motivated, mid-level professional to provide support, oversee and help build the company’s human resource functions, including but not limited to, benefit and payroll administration, recruiting, and performance improvement.
The ideal candidate will proactively partner with business unit leaders, providing human resources consultation and expertise to meet organizational objectives. Act as a change agent continuously analyzing the best, most integrated human capital solutions for the organization. Serves as focal point for employees, leaders, and our co-employment HR partner regarding all business issues and initiatives related to human resources, and to ensure effective delivery of HR services.
· Prepare and communicate information to employees regarding benefit programs, procedures, and changes.
· Create and maintain all employee records in the HRIS system.
· Create and maintain payroll employee master files as changes occur.
· Assist in overseeing of payroll administration including evaluating and troubleshooting payroll issues.
· Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
· Provide day-to-day HR support, performance and rewards management guidance to Verus staff and management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, compensation, etc.)
· Provide consultation to leaders on all new hires, transfers, promotions, and compensation issues
· Manage and resolve complex team member relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
· Partner with management staff and leaders to establish consistent workforce requirements and staffing needs.
· Recruit qualified candidates and manage talent acquisition process.
· Partner with Managers to develop Performance Management and employee development initiatives.
· Work closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, morale, productivity,
retention, and customer satisfaction.
Identify training needs for business units. Evaluate and monitor success of training programs.
· Possess in-depth understanding of the business units, including financial status and operational statistics.
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal resources as required.
· Provide input and guidance on business unit restructuring, workforce planning, and succession planning.
· Lead or contribute to organization-wide HR projects and programs.
· Approve and reconcile benefit-related invoices and submit to A/P for payment Ensure proper and timely delivery of benefit payroll deductions for employee 401k and HSA accounts.
· Process Affordable Care Act (ACA) data and reporting.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is also the responsibility of each employee to maintain the confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of the employee’s duties.
· 3-8 years of progressively responsible human resource experience.
· Working knowledge of several human resources disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, team member and labor relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state employment laws.
· Strong knowledge of PC environments (Word, Power Point Deck Presentations, Spreadsheets, LMS experience valuable).
· Experience working with third party providers a plus.
· Knowledge of basic principles of effective supervision of staff.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
· Ability to integrate big and small picture, strategic and short-term perspectives, planning and implementation to drive optimal results.
· Ability to independently complete multiple time-sensitive tasks with minimal supervision.
· Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with people, both internal and external.
Bachelor’s Degree in human resources. Masters degree preferred.
Certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) preferred.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.