This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leader in a growing market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers it’s Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a Funding Analyst to join our growing team. The Funding Analyst will identify loans which are ready for settlement, prepare funding/purchasing advice schedules, and submit funding/purchasing advice schedules to clients for approval and disbursement. This role also participates in internal data reporting, system maintenance, problem resolution, training, and other operational tasks as needed. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and experience with mortgage originations and secondary mortgage market purchase transactions. Candidates must possess the interpersonal skills to facilitate a cohesive work relationship with both internal and external partners at various levels.
- Ensure that loan level pricing is properly verified at the time of funding/purchasing
- Prepare loans for funding/purchase including but not limited to: Validation of loan level final prices using a combination of automation and manual checks; Validation of total wire amounts, including a review of escrow balances, loan amortization & appropriate principal balance, confirmation of the calculations for interest and premium, servicing data, obtain approval/signatures on purchase advice documents and correct wiring instructions
- Process seller requested post funding reviews and adjustments
- Monitor shared e-mail inbox and telephone queues providing professional response(s) for incoming inquiries from both internal and external sources.
- Complete additional projects and responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills/ Abilities
- Knowledge of securitization, servicing and mortgage accounting also a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with demonstrated proficiency in Excel (i.e., macros, pivot tables, etc.)
- The ability to thrive both independently and collaboratively within an entrepreneurial small team environment is required.
- Knowledge of various Mortgage Origination systems is a plus
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to identify and provide recommendations to conflicts and discrepancies.
- Ability to independently complete multiple time-sensitive tasks with minimal supervision
- Awareness of and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain focus and accuracy within considerable time constraints
- Ability to communicate effectively while accomplishing complex time-sensitive tasks
- Desire and willingness to learn from others and to teach others
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative beyond daily responsibilities and the capacity to identify potential improvements to processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with internal reporting processes and the aptitude to interpret data
Previous knowledge of the mortgage industry, the secondary mortgage purchase process, and the mortgage securitization industry is preferred but not required.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent finance degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in funding or similar finance operations.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.