This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Founded in 2015, Verus Mortgage Capital (VMC) is a non-QM correspondent investor backed by Invictus Capital Partners, a leading investment firm. VMC purchases loans in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and focuses solely on the non-QM market. It offers correspondent lenders a wide range of home financing products for credit worthy borrowers.
The Washington, D.C.-based company, with operations located in Minneapolis, has purchased over $5.5 billion in expanded, non-QM loans since its inception. In addition, through its affiliates, VMC has completed twelve rated securitizations. Interested candidates can learn more about VMC’s investor products by visiting www.verusmc.com.
The Credit Risk Underwriting Associate will complete data entry and a preliminary review of loan files and underwriting conditions to determine review type and completeness. You will work with us to prepare seller underwritten loans for a credit eligibility underwrite within established timeframes. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, comfortable working within multiple credit systems and have good customer relations skills with the ability to address credit inquiries from a variety of internal and external partners.
- Provide initial review and data entry of loan credit documents and data submitted from our seller network to ensure minimum requirements met to facilitate a smooth and efficient review by our review team. Documents include applications, credit reports, a variety of income verification documents, asset verifications, and evidence of property value.
- Review seller responses to Diligence Review conditions to ensure they meet the requirements noted by our Underwriters prior to submission for clearing.
- Review data for accuracy and collect or correct as applicable.
- Work with Diligence partners and Credit teams to resolve issues or questions to ensure that loans are promptly reviewed.
- Work with internal counterparts to refine procedures or enhance systems necessary to develop a thorough and efficient process.
- Willingness to work with Operational team on any other duties necessary to acquire and securitize mortgage loan asset or as assigned by management.
- 3+ years of experience in mortgage processing or underwriting
- Current experience with credit documents including bank statements and various tax returns
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- High degree of professionalism required to handle confidential data
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcome to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.