Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers its Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a Compliance Manager to join our team to work directly with our Legal and Compliance Department. The core mission of the Compliance Manager role is to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local mortgage laws and regulations. Chiefly among the role’s responsibilities include assisting in establishing and maintaining key components of a Compliance Management System (CMS) for both origination and loan acquisition purposes. Tasks could range from monitoring and testing of applicable laws and regulations, driving quality control reviews, regulatory implementation, monitoring company compliance training, resolving regulatory related consumer complaints, engaging in examination responses, maintaining compliance policies and procedures, maintaining an inventory of compliance controls by channel, developing internal and external compliance reporting by channel, reviewing marketing materials, and reviewing federal and state disclosures.
- Maintain all aspects of a compliance management system, including policy and procedure management, monitoring and testing, addressing consumer complaints, vendor management, compliance training, and regulatory reporting.
- Conduct pre-funding and post-closing audits on a daily basis. Review loan-level disclosure packages for accuracy.
- Provide support for BSA/AML initiatives.
- Establish a HMDA review process to include loan origination system updates, LAR-preparation software configuration, and development of procedures.
- Review marketing materials for compliance with various regulatory requirements.
- Monitor state and federal regulations for changes and drive the regulatory change management process for the Company.
- Provide compliance support for new loan products and technology changes.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field or equivalent. CRCM, CMCP, CAMS certification(s) preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in a Legal or Compliance role in a retail or wholesale lending channel for a mortgage lender
- 2+ years of experience with mortgage lending testing and monitoring development or execution
- 1+ years of experience developing compliance related reporting, such as testing and monitoring reports, QC reports, and senior management reports.
- Experience with providing Compliance guidance for onboarding of a loan origination system, document preparation service, or similar project
- Experience with user acceptance testing (UAT) from a Compliance perspective
- Experience with providing Compliance guidance for vendor management and regulatory change management programs
- Experience creating or maintaining a risk/control inventory
- Experience managing an originations quality control program
- Experience in drafting compliance policies and reviewing business procedures for compliance
- Project management experience
- Experience performing a compliance risk assessments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Required Skills/ Abilities
- Subject matter expertise on laws relevant to non-bank federal and state mortgage origination and/or servicing, including ECOA, FCRA, FACTA, HMDA, RESPA, TILA, GLBA, BSA/AML, SAFE, UDAAP, and CCPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat, particularly Excel, with an ability to become proficient on lender programs and software (i.e., Encompass, MortgageFlex, Docutech, etc.)
- Ability to work with team members at all levels, including company partners, regulators and other third parties, while remaining respectful and efficient, and with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to define problems, analyze the variables and propose solutions.
- Great compensation package
- Attractive benefits plans and paid time off
- 401(k) w/ company matching
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- And much more!
Maintaining a reliable, uninterrupted high speed internet connection is a requirement of hybrid or remote positions.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.