Verus Mortgage Capital seeks a Business Systems Analyst to join the firm’s Data Team for mortgage operations. This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leader in a growing market. We offer a fast-paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers it’s Sellers responsible non-QM and Jumbo prime QM lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a flexible, motivated Business Systems Analyst who enjoys new challenges and thrives in a fast-paced development environment. We’re a fast-growing company and we need your help to implement multiple new systems, analyze data sets, and assist in integrating external system data into our Data Warehouse. You will act as a liaison with our business partners to accurately capture their system and business requirements and help the Data Team to manage an array of technical solutions related to the capture and processing of Enterprise data. We’re looking for someone with a strong appetite for data and business process analysis and a willingness to dig into problems. Core responsibilities require that you take ownership in working alongside the business to find solutions, efficiently analyze data, and then deliver well-documented business requirements, specifications, and implementation plans. In addition to working on new systems, you’ll assist in the production support of our existing systems – this includes development of enhancements, debugging of production failures/issues in integrations with other systems or within the current systems, and partnering with business users to address any processing gaps or deficiencies in the current state.
Succeeding in this role will require the candidate to be able to listen to business needs and make recommendations for how to approach and implement solutions. Understanding the functions of a mortgage aggregator is key. Candidates must possess the interpersonal skills to facilitate a cohesive work relationship with both internal and external partners at various levels. The ability to work and thrive both independently and collaboratively within an entrepreneurial small-team environment is a must. The office is in Bloomington, MN, however remote candidates will be considered.
- Assist in the necessary data/gap analysis, process definition, and systems analysis associated with new system implementations. (Verus expects to add between 2 and 5 new processing systems by end of 2022.)
- Provide user support for internal and external system users. Troubleshoot issues as identified and communicate with the software vendor(s) on a regular basis until issues are resolved.
- Participate in the new development (for system enhancements) and upkeep/maintenance of existing systems while creating clear documentation for system processes and/or revisions.
- Work with outside vendors to coordinate and streamline incoming and outgoing data through a variety of integration points and methods (FTP, sFTP, API, WebDAV, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Data Team to consolidate and link data sources from external systems into Azure SQL back-end Data Warehouse.
- Collaborate with business partners to design and develop metrics and reports (both canned and ad-hoc) and coordinate with Reporting developers to provide functional and technical requirements for new reports and revisions to existing reporting (delivered through Power BI or alternate presentation tools).
- Assemble and analyze data for reports from all systems, ensuring the accuracy of data and calculations and alignment of data dictionaries across multiple external systems.
- Participate in the documentation of business requirements, communication of issues and potential solutions to software vendors, in coordination with business partners and/or Product Owners.
- Coordinate with business partners to define, create, and execute test plans for changes scheduled for implementation.
- Coordinate with business Training Developer to ensure that internal and external users (Verus clients/mortgage sellers) are equipped with instructions and documentation to allow them to effectively utilize all systems.
- Strong quantitative analysis background with demonstrated ability in data processes
- Proven record of complex problem-solving and decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to collaborate with all users across the Enterprise and render clearly written, accurate requirement for developers. Must also collaborate with Training Developer to create user and release documentation.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience working with data and/or data-centric reporting or coding.
- Robust critical and analytical thinking skills with strong attention to detail
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and use of VBA (e.g., in Excel macros).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and to manage multiple time-sensitive responsibilities and requests with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical discipline such as information systems, computer science, engineering, or similar degree. Other degrees with demonstrated technology abilities will be considered alongside experience with information technology, computer programming, or management information system
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps or experience with ticket-tracking collaboration software (such as Jira or similar).
- Understanding of mortgage banking and securitization practices and/or data is a strong plus.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, including use of T-SQL), including writing ad-hoc queries and building out custom reporting in SQL. Proven proficiency and comfort to code in various languages (e.g., most commonly: SQL, and VBA. Knowledge of Python, R, C#, or similar is also a plus.)
- Experience in Azure cloud-based computing environments.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is also the responsibility of each employee to maintain the confidentiality of data for the company and its clients, and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of the employee’s duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition. Successful applicants will exemplify strong ethics, integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.