Verus Mortgage Capital seeks a Business and Data Analyst to join the firm’s mortgage operations team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers it’s Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a flexible, motivated Business Analyst/Data Analyst to thrive in a fast-paced development environment. We’re a fast-growing company and we need your help to analyze data, capture business requirements, and manage our implementation of an array of technical solutions on multiple platforms. We’re looking for someone with a strong appetite for data and business process analysis and a willingness to dig into problems, take ownership for finding solutions, and then deliver well-documented business requirements, specifications, and implementation plans. The BA/DA will be a primary liaison between the Technology/Data team and the business owners and users. You’ll be challenged to work with our business partners and technology colleagues to document the information necessary for us to build creative solutions. The office is in Bloomington, MN, however remote candidates will be considered.
- Participate in requirement-gathering sessions and create system specification documents
- Prepare detailed user requirements with clear business value and acceptance criteria statements that are immediately actionable by the development team
- Analyze and evaluate current IT systems and procedures to recommend solutions
- Participate in creation and execution of test plans as required (unit, integration, system and user verification)
- Identify issues and risks and provide alternative courses of action to achieve business and organization goals and objectives
- Build, develop, and grow relationships with business users and other stakeholders in order to establish mutual trust
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and business partners to understand business challenges and opportunities
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of system and process documentation that necessary to support processes
- Participate in defining and implementing best practices for business analysis
- Assemble and analyze data for reports from LMS, ensuring the accuracy of data and calculations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical discipline such as information systems, computer science, engineering, or similar degree. Other degrees or experience will be considered with demonstrated technology abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to write crisp, understandable documentation as well as deliver oral presentations
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent customer service and independent time-management skills
- Collaborative ethic and desire to work well within a diverse group
- Strong quantitative background with demonstrated ability in processing data
- Strong Data Analysis skills and understanding of analytical concepts (ideally, using T-SQL or similar query tools)
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Two to five years of Business Analyst and/or Data Analyst experience or related experience (work in the technology field is a plus)
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Problem-solving skills and flexibility to try new and different approaches as needed to overcome obstacles
- Ability to quickly learn and apply software tools to business procedures and processes
- Proven proficiency and comfort to code in various languages (e.g. VBA, Python, C# etc.)
- General understanding of the mortgage origination process, the secondary mortgage market, securitization, and mortgage servicing. Experience working with servicing and mortgage data
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, including use of T-SQL), including writing ad-hoc queries and building out custom reporting in SQL
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with creating requirements for Applications and Reporting is a strong plus
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.