Verus Mortgage Capital seeks a Business and Data Analyst to join the firm’s mortgage operations team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leader in a growing market. We offer a fast-paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers its Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners. For more information about Verus Mortgage Capital, please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a flexible, motivated Business Analyst/Data Analyst looking to thrive in a fast-paced development environment. We’re a fast-growing company and we need your help to analyze data, capture business requirements, and manage our implementation of an array of technical solutions on multiple platforms. We’re looking for someone with a strong appetite for data and business process analysis and a willingness to dig into problems, take ownership for finding solutions, and then deliver well-documented business requirements, specifications, and implementation plans.
The BA/DA will be a primary liaison between the Technology/Data team and the business owners and users – the ability to form strong working relationships is essential to this role, as are excellent written and verbal communication skills. Adaptability is a giant plus in this role, and you’ll be challenged to work with our business partners and technology colleagues to document the information necessary for us to build creative solutions. Candidates must possess the interpersonal skills to facilitate a cohesive work relationship with both internal and external partners at various levels. The ability to work and thrive both independently and collaboratively within an entrepreneurial small-team environment is a must.
- Participate in requirement-gathering sessions and create system specification documents
- Prepare detailed user requirements with clear business value and acceptance criteria statements that are immediately actionable by the development team
- Analyze and evaluate current IT systems and procedures to recommend solutions
- Participate in creation and execution of test plans as required (especially for user acceptance/verification)
- Identify issues and risks and provide alternative courses of action to achieve business and organization goals and objectives
- Build, develop, and grow relationships with business users and other stakeholders in order to establish mutual trust
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and business partners to understand business challenges and opportunities
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of system and process documentation that are necessary to support processes
- Participate in defining and implementing best practices for business analysis
- Assemble and analyze data for reports from LMS, ensuring the accuracy of data and calculations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical discipline such as information systems, computer science, engineering, or similar degree. Other degrees or experience will be considered with demonstrated technology abilities.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Proven proficiency and comfort to code in various languages (e.g. VBA, Python, C# etc.)
- Experience with or general knowledge of Azure DevOps is highly beneficial to this role.
- General understanding of the mortgage origination process, the secondary mortgage market, securitization, and mortgage servicing. Experience working with servicing and mortgage data is a plus.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, including use of T-SQL) , including writing ad-hoc queries and building out custom reporting in SQL.
- Experience with Azure (Virtual Machines in a cloud-based environment, Azure Data Factory) will be useful in our landscape.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages is a plus.
- Experience with creating requirements for Applications and Reporting solutions is a strong plus.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.