Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers its Clients responsible non-prime ATR compliant lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit the website at www.invictuscp.com. For more information about Verus Mortgage Capital, please visit our website www.verusmc.com.
We are seeking a Business Analyst to provide process support to our internal customers. This position is based in our Bloomington, Minnesota office.
The role serves as the liaison between the business units, technical teams, and third-party vendors; this is a functional role and must have great communications skills, as well as strong requirements gathering and documentation skills. Under general direction, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and processes as well as industry requirements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the existing business processes and cross department interactions.
- Work with business leads to understand and document current state, the challenges that exist within the operational infrastructure, including identification of business and technical gaps.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into informational documents and diagrams with purpose.
- Prepare comprehensive future state documentation for business processes.
- Analyze and recommend process improvements to determine best practices and makes recommendations to management on how to improve current practices and processes and solve issues related to business unit
- Elicit and document business requirements and visual models that communicate what must occur to realize future state.
- Maintains process/system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation.
- Act as primary point of contact for the project team during development to clarify business requirements, resolve issues, and make recommendations as needed where business impacts may arise
- Write test cases and support the user acceptance testing
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, research skills and self-motivator.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply standard policies, procedures and other established guidelines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers and interact and present to Senior Management.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office suite, especially MS Excel and Visio
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills to recognize, evaluate, and brainstorm solutions to encountered issues.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years related experience with emphasis in mortgage lending.
- Experience with loan origination systems highly desirable
- 3 plus years of experience in supporting mission critical business systems and applications
- 3 plus years of experience in the financial services industry
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.