This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an emerging market. We offer a fast paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers it’s Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners please visit our website at https://verusmc.com/.
Verus Mortgage Capital is seeking a Business Analyst II to work alongside the Project Manager for assigned projects. The key objective of the Business Analyst II is to work closely with the business unit SME’s to understand the need and goal of the project. Using this information, the Business Analyst will gather and write requirements in either a Waterfall or Agile format, review with the business unit, gain approval and submit to the individual that will be responsible for delivering the requirements.
- Collaborates with Business to identify the project scope
- Conducts interviews with the Business SME to obtain requirements. This is completed via meetings, side by sides, surveys, and whiteboard sessions
- Work with the business unit leaders to prioritize all requirements
- Using either the Waterfall or Agile method the Business Analyst will ensure requirements are complete, accurate, consistent, feasible and comprehensible
- Translate conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements that the development team can deliver on
- Updates any tracking related to the project in relation to requirements written by the Business Analyst to ensure the project stays on track
- Escalate any roadblocks to the Project Manager
- Utilize appropriate company project software to input and track requirements
- Maintains current understanding of industry standards, trends and best practices through industry and other professional networks
- Coordinate and/or Perform testing of system updates
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Business Analyst experience required. Mortgage background a plus
- Experience communicating with Senior leaders and line level SME’s
Required Skills / Abilities
- Knowledge/experience using both Azure Dev Ops and Microsoft Planner
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and execute as needed without heavy oversight
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be able to work in a team
- Flexibility and being nimble are required
- Excellent Customer Service
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software program(s)
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.