Verus Mortgage Capital seeks an Azure Engineer to join the firm’s mortgage operations team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leader in a growing market. We offer a fast-paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor. Verus offers its Sellers responsible non-prime and Jumbo prime lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners (www.invictuscp.com).
For more information about Verus Mortgage Capital, please visit our website (www.verusmc.com).
Verus Mortgage Capital is looking for an Azure Engineer with strong SQL programming skills and business intelligence systems experience to help us maintain and expand our data warehouse, reporting, and ETL processes in an Azure environment. Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills will be essential, along with insightful data mining, data/statistical analysis, and Power BI (or similar) reporting experience. The position requires a self-motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative team player who will support database and reporting solutions that merge data from multiple internal and external data sources to create clear, efficient data structures for operational and reporting use by the entire enterprise.
The Azure Engineer will have a primary focus on supporting our current processes – this will entail installing, configuring, customizing, and troubleshooting our business intelligence tools, data processes/structures, ETL and Data Factory processes, along with supporting data movement for in-house applications and monitoring the operating efficiency of existing business intelligence systems. Additionally, this position will help to create and maintain processes that merge data from our applications and various data feeds from our external partners into a single environment. Obtaining and arraying this data will require strong data analysis, familiarity with data modeling, writing SQL queries/stored procedures, and implementing reporting structures for users. For all structures and processes, the developer will perform necessary testing as well as maintenance and support for any deployed processes.
Mortgage industry experience/knowledge is a plus.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and recommend technical solutions
- Create unit test plans and identify opportunities to improve and/or automate testing process, especially regression testing for existing/new structures and processes
- Maintain existing processes and develop new processes to collect data from various sources and merge it into an Azure environment (using Azure Data Factory, primarily)
- Maintain data in the SQL Server Azure environment, ensuring data integrity, security, and intuitive organization
- Assist in development of database architecture under the guidance of an Azure Solutions Architect
- Perform data analysis and assist in creating structures conducive to data mining, statistical analysis, and forecasting
- Develop and maintain Azure Data Factory integration processes and Data Lake structures
- Execute design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation across all data warehousing processes
- Deploy simple to complex data sets to be presented via Power BI, Excel, SSRS, or other BI presentation software and ensure expected performance and accuracy levels are achieved
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Required Skills/ Abilities
- Strong skills in SQL (T-SQL and Spark SQL, especially)
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners and vendors
- Experience in data integration processes (e.g. Azure Data Factory, API use, SSIS)
- At least 3 years’ experience within a technology (IT) environment
- At least 3 years’ experience with BI applications, decision support systems, query and reporting tools, online analytical processing, statistical analysis, forecasting, and data mining
- At least 3 years’ experience with tools and techniques for loading and managing data
- Strong work ethic and ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams across the enterprise
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment that requires clear and timely communication while balancing priorities
- Experience with Azure data manipulation (Data Factory/Data Lake/Blob storage) and architecture
- Experience developing and deploying Power BI solutions
- Computer Science or Data Science background
- A history of designing and/or developing database objects, tables, stored procedures, and views in an MS SQL environment
- Data mining, statistical analysis, and forecasting experience
- Experience building and maintaining a complex database environment with multiple source data tables and dimension tables
- Strong knowledge of database design principles
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking, and deadlocking issues
- Strong experience with various Business Intelligence software applications
Successful applicants will exemplify strong ethics, integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.