Verus Mortgage Capital seeks an Azure Developer/Analyst to join the firm’s mortgage operations Data Team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leader in a growing market. We offer a fast-paced and fun environment where your input and experience are valued.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an independent national mortgage investor and the largest issuer of non-QM/expanded agency securitizations since the beginning of 2015. Verus offers its clients responsible, non-prime ATR-compliant lending products that fill the credit void in today’s market. Verus consistently evaluates today’s market and credible borrower financing needs to offer our partners innovative solutions. Verus Mortgage Capital is an affiliate of Invictus Capital Partners (www.invictuscp.com).
For more information about Verus Mortgage Capital, please visit our website (www.verusmc.com).
Verus Mortgage Capital’s Data Team is looking for a candidate with experience in data science and analytics that can help us research, maintain, test, and improve the reliability of our data management processes. Being able to summarize and effectively communicate issues is a critical component of this role; therefore, a high degree of familiarity working with data is a must. Strong candidates will possess experience in ETL/ELT, Power BI, an Object-Oriented Programming Language, and SQL; experience working in Azure will also be important and useful. This role may also work closely with our Quality Assurance resources to provide opportunities to lead Verus in new directions in the QA space through regression testing and automated unit testing.
We are looking for a candidate who is looking to grow, can learn and adapt quickly as challenges arise, and is excited by working in a dynamic environment.
Mortgage industry experience/knowledge is a plus.
- Proactively monitor and identify opportunities for improvement and recommend technical solutions
- Maintain data in the Azure SQL Server environment, ensuring data integrity, security, and intuitive organization
- Perform on-going analysis and assist in creating structures conducive to data mining, statistical analysis, and forecasting
- Deploy simple to complex data sets to be presented via Power BI, Excel, SSRS, or other BI presentation software and ensure expected performance and accuracy levels are achieved
- Create unit test plans and identify opportunities to improve and/or automate testing process, especially regression testing for existing/new structures and processes
- Assist in development of database architecture under the guidance of an Azure Solutions Architect
- Develop and maintain Azure Data Factory integration processes and Data Lake structures
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Relational Databases and/or Data Warehouses
- Excellent communication skills
- T-SQL or SQL experience with queries, stored procedures, views, tables, and DDL
- Experience in data integration processes (ETL or ELT)
- 1-2 years’ experience with BI applications, decision support systems, query and reporting tools, online analytical processing, statistical analysis, forecasting, and data mining
- Strong work ethic and ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams across the enterprise
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment that requires clear and timely communication while balancing priorities
- 1 year experience working in an Azure environment
- Data mining, statistical analysis, and forecasting experience
- Computer Science or Data Science background
- Experience developing and deploying Power BI solutions
- A history of designing and/or developing database objects, tables, stored procedures, and views in an MS SQL environment; solid understanding of SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of database design principles
- Experience building and maintaining a complex database environment with multiple source data tables and dimension tables
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking, and deadlocking issues is not expected, but a definite plus
- Experience working in an Agile Environment (esp. Microsoft DevOps)
Successful applicants will exemplify strong ethics, integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Verus Residential Mortgage Employee Handbook and established company policies and procedures. It is the responsibility of each employee to maintain confidentiality of the company, its clients and to follow applicable laws and regulations in the performance of duties.
Verus Mortgage Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcomed to apply and will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination because of a person’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, sex, age or sexual orientation, or because of a person’s disability or medical condition.